Holistic Physiotherapy for Children
The main role of physiotherapy in paediatrics is education and support. Working with children requires a wide range of qualities and skills that I have developed throughout my work and voluntary experiences including:
- Able to gain the trust and approval from a child through an open, honest, positive and relaxed approach
- Experienced observational skills
- Experienced handling skills to facilitate movement
- Effective strategies to promote motivation and dedication
- Being flexible, creative and most importantly fun
I am experienced in working with children of all ages from early years right through adolescence (with the challenges that this period presents) and all the way into adult hood. I am experienced with children ranging from elite athletes, including working as the physiotherapist for the youth academy of a football league club at their centre of excellence, to working extensively with children with special needs.
I am able to integrate a combination of holistic healing approaches.