Yoga is an ancient philosophy of life including a system of exercises aimed at stopping the fluctuations that occur within the mind, however its principles can be used to achieve any goal. In order to start developing focus within the mind the body must first be able to achieve a state of relaxation and so any imbalances in the physical body are first addressed.
With its use said to have begun at the start of civilisation itself, the principles of Yoga can appear so simple but they can be easily lost in the modern cycle of life where sufficient time to focus on and cultivate our self can be extremely difficult to find.
Yoga in its essence is an individual practice and a way of life, with each of us living out our own journey. We strongly believe those who are determined to achieve their goals in health and well-being should seek guidance on a 1-1 basis. Yoga can be a very dangerous practice when done without full focus on oneself and without the guidance and supervision being directed 100% in accordance to the goal of the practitioner.
What are the effects of Yoga?
Each individual can decide on how deep they wish to go into the traditions of the practice and at any level it offers a long list of attractive benefits.
Yoga can also:
- Increase flexibility and joint mobility
- Increase strength and stability through the co-contraction of muscles which reduces the risk of imbalances occurring
- Improve cardio-vascular fitness
- Improve balance, co-ordination and proprioception (knowing where your body is in space)
- Improve posture
- Maintain a healthy spine
- Increase bone density
- Improve circulation
- Improve the function of the lymphatic system helping to eliminate waste and fight infection
- Improve the function of the immune system
- Help to regulate blood pressure
- Improve memory, concentration and problem solving skills
- Help to reduce depression
- Help with weight control through a holistic approach built to last
- Lower blood sugar levels and unwanted cholesterol levels
- Calm and relax the body and mind, teaching one how to self release any tension and stress
- Relieve any existing pains
- Improve sleep
- Improve breath control
- Help to relieve irritable bowel syndrome and constipation
- Reduce the negative sentiments of frustration, regret, anger, fear, greed, jealousy and envy
- Help to cultivate true compassion, pure intention, loving kindness, forgiveness and empathy
- Increase ones awareness towards helping and serving others
- Help to raise spiritual awareness
- Help to increase motivation and dedication levels towards a healthier lifestyle
- Give one the power to take real self control of their own life